Being single doesn’t mean that we are;
- INCOMPLETE; Because we are already complete in Jesus, not in a man or with a woman. We may be single or married but as a child of God, we are complete in Christ as what’s written in Colossians 2:10. Remember that time when Adam was single, when God was going to give him a wife, He said “…It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.” (Genesis 2:18). God didn’t say He’ll make someone else and add to Adam a help meet to complete him. We actually don’t need to be in a relationship to feel complete because God himself can already fill that void in our hearts and complete us.
- MISERABLE; Nope. We are not les miserables. Singles are basically not walking around or sitting in a corner, saying “Woe is me! I have no partner.” Yes, sometimes its hard, but most of the time, we are enjoying the abundant life that Jesus has promised everyone who comes to Him.
- MISSING OUT; Missing out on being in a relationship? Seriously though, as a single lady, right now, at this very moment, I believe I am where God will have me today. His grace is sufficient. And, I’m not missing out.
- WITHOUT A PURPOSE; So, being single, determines my life’s purpose? Our purpose in life, as God originally created man, is glorify God and enjoy fellowship with Him, have good relationships with others, work, and have dominion over the earth. But with man’s fall into sin, fellowship with God is broken. Only by restoring fellowship with God, through faith in Jesus Christ, can purpose in life be rediscovered. We enjoy by following God’s purpose for our lives, which enables us to experience true and lasting joy—the abundant life that He desires for us.
- JUST WAITING FOR; No. We are waiting on (God), there’s a difference.
Dear singles, be encouraged, love yourself, know your worth, live your life, don’t settle, and remember, “…the unmarried woman or girl is concerned and anxious about the matters of the Lord, how to be wholly separated and set apart in body and spirit” (1 Corinthians 7:34)